Home remedies for bad breath
Maintaining a good oral health is essential to get rid of bad breath. But, regular dentist visit and maintain oral hygiene is difficult as well cost effective for healthy mouth. Bad breath or halitosis is embarrassing and lower your confidence level. Bad breath can be due to number of reasons such as eating odorous food, smoking, dry mouth, medical condition, gum diseases and sinus condition. However, you can treat bad breath with the help of some easily available ingredients at your kitchen.
Here top 9 home remedies for bad breath.
- Fennel: Fennel seeds act as an amazing mouth freshener. It has antimicrobial properties that fight against bacteria in the mouth.
Just chew a teaspoon of fennel seeds to freshen your breath and stimulate the saliva production. You can also prepare fennel seed tea as well. To prepare this tea sock one or two tea spoon fennel seeds in a cup of hot water for 5-10 minutes and strain, drink it twice and thrice a day to get rid of bad breath.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon contains an essential oil “cinnamic aldehyde” that curb to bad breath, not only that it also reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth.
To treat mouth bad breath use this cinnamon as a mouth rinse. Boil one-teaspoon cinnamon with a cup of water. You can use bay leaves with it. Now strain, the tea is ready for use.
- Cloves: Clover helps freshen your breath and it has antibacterial properties and rich source of eugenol that help to get rid of bad breath.
You just chew few pieces of cloves in your mouth thoroughly that help to eliminate the bad breath.
- Lemon juice: From decade ago, lemon juice has been use to treat bad breath. The acidic properties in lemon fight against infection causing bacteria in mouth. The strong pleasant smell help mask the bad breath.
Take one tablespoon lemon juice in a glass of water and rinse your mouth with it. You can add pinch of salt.
- Baking soda: Baking soda, also known as bicarbonate soda is another great solution to get rid of bad breath. It also fights against germs causing infection in mouth and prevent from bad breath.
Mix one-half of teaspoon baking soda with a warm glass of water and use it as a mouth rinse. You can use baking soda by brushing your teeth prevent bacteria build up on you tongue.
- Hydrate: Not getting sufficient water causes to dry mouth. Drinking enough water is the only simplest steps you can take to get rid of bad breath.
- Brushing and floss: Regular tooth brushing along with flossing is the most important towards get rid of bad breath.
- Use tongue cleaner: Cleaning your tongue is effectively reduce the halitosis compound. This compound form in your tongue, when bacteria and amino acid combine emitting unpleasant sulfur like smell. Therefore, tongue cleaning is important to get rid of bad breath.
- Use mouth rinse: Use a mouth rinse after every meal, which will reduce plaque and gingivitis and fresh breath. Mouth rinse along with above home remedy will help to get fresh breath.
- Replace your tooth brash after 2-3 month.
- Brush after every meal and floss.
- Quit smoking to get rid of bad breath.
- Follow the above remedies until you get satisfied results.